Call 087 9288 667
Location : Douglas, Cork
MA, BA(Hons), MBCT, M.I.P.T.A., M.A.P.T., M.B.A.P.T.
- Masters in Non Directive Play Therapy (University of York)
- Theraplay Training (Theraplay Institute)
- Parents Plus (John Sharry)
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- BA (Hons) in Psychology and English (UCC)
- Supervision training with Dr. Virginia Ryan
I’m a Non Directive Play Therapist/Child Development Specialist in private practice in Cork City with over thirteen years experience of working with children. I began my career with a BA (Hons) in Psychology and English from UCC and worked in a residential home for teenagers displaying challenging behaviours. I moved on to work as a Project Worker with a School Completion Programme, working with children in DEIS (disadvantaged) primary schools. I also conducted research on the emotional and behavioural needs of children in Irish DEIS schools. I worked as a Child Development Specialist, assessing and addressing the emotional and behavioural needs of children in the homeless services in Cork.
I now Coordinate the Masters in Play Therapy programme in Cork Institute of Technology in addition to teaching on the Social Care and Early Childhood Care and Education programmes.
I also have a private practice in Douglas, providing the following services;
- Non Directive Play Therapy for a variety of difficulties
- Clinical supervision of Play Therapists
- Parental consultation on a particular difficulty
- Anger Management
- Self esteem intervention
- Parenting classes