Location: Munster – Killarney, Co. Kerry Telephone: 087 7003939
- Postgraduate Diploma in Play Therapy – Munster Technological University, Cork.
- Higher Diploma in Arts in Early Years Montessori Education – St Nicolas Montessori College Ireland, Cork.
- Diploma in Social Studies and Counselling – The ARLT Foundation, Cork.
- BA (Hons) in Sociology and Social Policy – Trinity College Dublin
Stacey’s passion for working with children developed from an early age.
Stacey spent many childhood summers caring for children within their family home and worked as an au pair in Australia before embarking on a career in Montessori Education. Stacey was always fully aware of the holistic development of all children in her care.
Currently, Stacey is a Non-Directive Play Therapist in private practice based in Killarney, Co. Kerry. Stacey’s approach is child-centred whereby the child takes the lead in sessions and can play freely, without the therapist directing activities. Through play, a child can ‘play out’ their feelings and problems just as in certain types of adult therapy, an individual can ‘talk out’ their difficulties.
Stacey provides a safe, consistent therapeutic environment in which a child can experience full acceptance, empathy, and understanding from the therapist. The focus on the person of the child underpins the child-centred approach.
Area of Interest:
Stacey provides Play Therapy to children aged 4-11 years who experience emotional and behavioural difficulties. Stacey’s aim is to help children explore their feelings, to express themselves and to make sense of their life experiences through play and symbols. Stacey works from a developmental perspective and is particularly interested in restoring the child’s normal developmental trajectory which can be disrupted by a negative experience in their life.
- Introduction to Creative Mindfulness for Kids
- Introduction to Children First
- Child Safeguarding Awareness Training
- Diversity, Equality and Inclusion Charter and Guidelines Training
- Sensory Processing (e-learning)
- GDPR for ECI members